- Industrial Designs is governed under Malaysia Industrial Designs Act 1996 and Industrial Designs (Amendment) Act 2013. An industrial design is the overall (aesthetic) appearance which gives a unique look of an article or a product.
- New in the world;
- Not disclosed to the public.
Non-Registrable Industrial Designs
- A method or principle of construction;
- Integral parts which consist features that depend upon the appearance of another article;
- Differ only in immaterial details or in features commonly used in the relevant trade;
- Designs which are contrary to public order or morality.
- Maximum protection is twenty five (25) years from the filing date
- Renewable every five (5) years.